LOVING YOUR BODY
- Think of your body as a tool and all the wonderful things you can do with it.
- Be aware of your body. Think of it as an instrument of life, not as an ornament for other's enjoyment.
- Think of people who have affected your life, community or the world in a positive way. Did their appearance play a large part in their accomplishments?
- How do you feel pleasure in Your body? Then do those things.
- Enjoy your body: walk, sing, stretch, dance, get a massage, take a bubble bath, etc.
- Affirm that Your body is perfect the way it is.
- Walk Proudly with your head held high and be confident in yourself not in your size.
- Go out and do the things you love now, don't wait until 'you've lost some weight'.
- Remembers Your body is not a democracy you're the only one who gets to vote.
- Start complimenting yourself in a positive way instead of criticizing.
- Did you know that Your skin replaces itself once a month, your stomach lining every five days, liver every six weeks, your skeleton every three months! Your body is extraordinary and always renewing itself.
- Take back being the expert of your body-question the media, fashion magazines, and the cosmetics industry.
- Let your individuality and inner beauty shine.
- Be your body's advocate and alley, not it's enemy.
- Every day thank your body for helping you throughout the day.
- Find a method of exercise that your enjoy and do regularly to feel good, not to lose weight.
- If you had one year to live how Important would your body image and appearance be?
- Love yourself inside and out.
Taken from Body Wars: Making: Peace with Women's Bodies, Margo Maine, Ph.D., Gurze Books, 2000,1415
FAT POSITIVITY TO-DO LIST
- Get involved with your local fat positive organization
- Share your thoughts and feelings through writing. Publish a story Or zine.
- Educate yourself about Issues Surrounding fat-phobia.
- When you see something that upsets you, Write a letter. Tell television stations, magazines, newspapers and individuals that you will not tolerate the spreading of fat stereotypes.
- Research, new studies about obesity, found out the truth that isn't being reported.
- Say "I'm fat" Proudly.
- If you hear a fat negative comment, speak up.
- If someone says you've lost weight, don't reply with a thank you.
- Hold your head high, so everyone can see you walk fat without shame.
- Stop hiding your figure, wear clothes that compliment your curves.
- Compliment Other fat people with how great they look.
- Set yourself up to be a Support base for other women finding body acceptance.
- Tear down diet scam advertisements.
- Demand respect at the doctor's office. You can refuse to be weighed in.
- Make sure you are being heard, speak stubbornly.
- Attend a "free introductory lecture' at a weight loss institution. Ask questions about the programs medical theory and success rate. Educate the other people present.
- Learn the secret ingredient: ATTITUDE!
- Express your rights and needs regardless of Your shape or size.
- Dance, shake, swim, do yoga, ride a bike, be public with fun and comfortable movement.
- Refute health versus weight thinking. Remind people you can be fit and fat.
- Say hello to every large person you see with a smile.
- Find out what other people are doing to promote fat positivity.
Queen Size Revolution
P.0 Box 4926, Portland, OR 97208 email@example.com